The Liesbeth Hoedemaeker-Cohen Fund and The H. Robert Cohen / RIPM Fund for IAML Congress Travel
Call for applications
The Liesbeth Hoedemaeker-Cohen Fund for IAML Congress Travel was established in Liesbeth’s honor on 24 February 2017. The H. Robert Cohen / RIPM Fund for IAML Congress Travel was established in 2019 on the occasion of RIPM’s fortieth birthday, in recognition of RIPM’s contribution to international scholarship and of those who created and contribute to it. The cash awards from both Funds are intended to support travel to attend the annual IAML congress.
Application is open to all members of IAML, with priority given to individual members who are attending their first or second congress and who either: (i) began their career as a music librarian within the previous three years; (ii) completed their professional degree in the year before or of the congress; or (iii) are giving a paper, extensive report, or a poster presentation at the congress. All things being equal, some preference will be given to those likely to make an ongoing contribution to IAML. Additionally, for the H. Robert Cohen/RIPM Fund award(s), all things being equal, some preference will be given to those dealing with the musical press, digitization, or databases.
Applicants for an award should receive little or no support from their home institution, library, or any other funding organization. A successful applicant may not receive a second award.
Applying for an Award
Only one application per candidate is required; all applicants will be considered for an award from either Fund.
Applicants for an award should submit the following:
1. A letter of application in English, French, or German which includes:
1. the applicant’s reasons for attending the IAML Congress, a description of the applicant’s contribution to it, and why the applicant is a good candidate for an award.
2. a budget for travel costs to attend the IAML Congress excluding the registration fee. (If the applicant’s institution will not cover the congress registration fee, IAML will try to arrange free registration in conjunction with the local organizing committee when possible.)
3. information about any other support from the applicant’s home institution, library, or any other funding organization.
4. the number of times the applicant has attended a IAML Congress.
2. A curriculum vitae or resume.
3. One letter of reference submitted directly by its writer to the address below as an email attachment.
Application materials should be emailed in PDF format to Stanisław Hrabia, IAML President, Chair of the Awards Committee (email@example.com).
Deadline for all application materials is 31 January 2020.
The award winners will be notified by 15 March 2020 and will be announced thereafter on IAML-L, the IAML website, etc.
For more information visit: