Musical Heritage in an Online Environment
The emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic, with its wide-ranging impact on everyday lives and livelihoods, has inevitably focused attention on the challenges and opportunities of online communication and dissemination. The IAML Board has therefore started a series of online meetings on the theme "... in an Online Environment".
This second IAML Online Meeting brings together speakers engaged in a variety of projects and programmes at national, international and regional levels concerned with the preservation of musical heritage and its presentation in an online environment. After the session, the Board will take the opportunity to update you on current matters. It is also our pleasure to invite you to an informal Social Hour afterwards!
8 March 2021, 16.00-17.30 UTC (+ social hour 17:30-18:30)
EST : 11 :00-12 :30 (Eastern Standard Time, New York, Washington)
GMT: 16.00-17:30 (Greenwich Meantime, Western Europe, UK, Ireland, Portugal)
CET: 17:00-18:30 (Central European Time)
EET : 18 :00-19 :30 (Eastern European Time)
AEDT: 9 March, 03:00-04:30 (Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time, Sydney, Melbourne)
Here is the finalized programme:
- Rupert Ridgewell (IAML Vice President), Chair
- Svanibor Pettan (University of Ljubljana and Vice-President of the International Council of Traditional Music), "ICTM and the ethnomusicological notions about heritage"
- Ann-Charlotte Hell (Royal Swedish Academy of Music), "Bringing Swedish musical heritage to life: presentation of a project sponsored by the Royal Swedish Academy of Music"
- Mirja Palo (freelance musician from Jokkmokk, Sweden), "Interpreting, embodying and repossessing stories from the past with kantele and voice"
- Sabine Kurth (Bavarian State Library), "Acquisition programs and digitization of musical heritage in the Bavarian State Library"
- Tom Miles (British Library and Europeana Metadata Coordinator), "Europeana: Bringing Musical Heritage Together"
- Stanisław Hrabia (IAML President), Update from the IAML Board
The session will be presented via the Zoom platform and registration is free of charge.
To register, please follow this link:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Please note that only registered participants can attend the meeting.
The meeting will be recorded and made available on the IAML Vimeo platform.
Welcome to the meeting, we are looking forward to seeing you!
- Rupert Ridgewell (British Library and IAML Vice President), Chair