Fontes Artis Musicae, the quarterly journal of the International Association of Music Libraries, Archives and Documentation Centres (IAML), seeks an Assistant Editor.
The Assistant Editor works alongside the Editor-in-Chief to produce each issue of the journal. The position takes approximately five hours per quarter to complete job responsibilities. Tenure in the position is an initial four-year term, renewable for a second four-year term.
- Proofread and copy edit the Books Review and Briefs/Feuilletons columns articles using the journal's online style sheet
- Assists the Editor-in-Chief in identifying potential articles
- Acts as an outside reader, as appropriate, for articles received or suggests outside readers to the Editor-in-Chief as needed
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an assistant editor
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Proficiency in English, French, or German
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
To apply: Send, via e-mail attachment a cover letter outlining experience in editing, a curriculum vitae (CV), and contact information for three references to email@example.com by 15 November 2023. The successful candidate will assume their responsibilities beginning with Vol. 71, no. 1 (January-March 2024).