Monday August 9, 14:15 - 15:45
Session 1: Copyright now!
Presented by the Copyright Committee.
Chair: Federica Riva (Conservatorio di musica "A. Boito", Parma).
- Copyright in Norway: Printed music and sound recordings. Legal possibilities and limitations when libraries copy and make music material available to the public
Charlotte Borde (Lawyer at The National Library of Norway)
- EBLIDA and current EU copyright issues
Kristine Abelsnes (Member of EBLIDA Copyright Expert Group)
An update on changes and issues under discussion affecting copyright of music materials in the USA
Lenore Coral (Cornell University, Chair, MLA Legislation Committee)
While there has been no new legislation in the past year regarding copyright in the USA -- there continues to be attempts both to liberalize and to further restrict our copyright laws. I will review these efforts for you. They include:
- The TEACH Act (PL107-273)
- The Digital Millenium Copyright Act (PL105-298) -- usually referred to as the DMCA
- The Copyright extension Act (PL106-113)
- The "Sonny Bono Act" WIPO concerns involving Fair Tad Agreements
August 12, 09:15 - 10:45
- Presentation and discussion of the survey Questionnaire on Copyright / Droit d'auteur sent to national branches on March 2004
- Application of EU directive 2001/29/ EC in national legislations
- EU Infringement procedure IP/04/60 of 16.1.2004 on EU Directive 92/100, art. 1-5 against six European countries
Chair: Federica Riva (Conservatorio di musica "A. Boito", Parma)