The Liesbeth Hoedemaeker-Cohen Fund for IAML Congress Travel
Call for applications
The Liesbeth Hoedemaeker-Cohen Fund for IAML Congress Travel, established by the Cohen family in Liesbeth’s honor, is a cash award intended to help support travel to attend the annual congress. It is open to all individual members of IAML (that is, anyone who has an individual membership in the international association may apply. If you are unsure whether your membership meets these criteria, please send an inquiry to the Chair of the Awards Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org). Priority will be given to those attending their first or second congress and who either: (i) began their career as a music librarian within the previous three years; (ii) completed their professional degree in the year before or of the congress; or (iii) are giving a paper, extensive report, or a poster presentation at the congress. All things being equal some preference will be given to those likely to make an ongoing contribution to IAML.
Applicants for the award should receive little or no support from their home institution, library, or any other funding organization (apart from Congress registration fee support, when possible). A successful applicant may not receive a second award from this Fund.
Applicants for an award should submit the following:
- A letter of application in English, French, or German which includes:
- Your reasons for attending the IAML Congress, a description of your contribution to it, and why you are a good candidate for this grant
- A budget for travel costs to attend the IAML Congress excluding the registration fee (If your institution will not cover the congress registration fee, IAML will try to arrange free registration in conjunction with the local organizing committee)
- Information about any other support from your home institution, library, or any other funding organization
- The number of times you have attended a IAML Congress
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- One letter of reference submitted directly by its writer to the address below as an email attachment
Application materials should be emailed in PDF format to Stanisław Hrabia, Chair, The Liesbeth Hoedemaeker-Cohen Fund for IAML Congress Travel Awards Committee (email@example.com).
Deadline for all materials: 31 January 2019.
Award winners of the Liesbeth Hoedemaeker-Cohen Fund for IAML Congress Travel will be notified by 1 March 2019 and will be announced thereafter on IAML-L, the IAML website, etc.
For more information visit:
- The Liesbeth Hoedemaeker-Cohen Fund for IAML Congress Travel
- IAML Congress in Kraków, 14-19 July 2019
President, International Association of Music Libraries, Archives, and Documentation Centres (IAML)