Publications Awards Subcommittee
The Publications Awards Subcommittee was created in 2017. It is overseen by the Publications Committee.
Terms of reference
The Publications Awards Subcommittee, a subcommittee of the Publications Committee, solicits nominations for the best article and best review published in Fontes Artis Musicae in the previous year. The awards, given annually, are approved by the Board upon the recommendation of the Subcommittee. Each award citation includes a description of the strengths of the publication and is sent, in the form of a letter from the President, to each recipient. Awards are announced at the General Assembly and reported in the journal. In addition, notice of the awards may be sent out to other organizations (e.g., AMS, IMS, ICTM, IFLA, IMC, etc.).
The François Lesure Award for best review published in Fontes Artis Musicae
1. Excellence in reviewing (state-of-the-art, contexts & ideas, critical analysis of the content, comparative aspects)
2. Quality of writing (idea & content, language, structure, terminology)
3. Impact (sharing experience & expertise, stimulating a debate about the themes and findings, establishing high standards of academic writing, taking care of knowledge communication)
- Julie Bill (Director of Library Services, Musicians Institute, Hollywood, California, U.S.A.) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anita Breckbill (Head, Music Library, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Nebraska, U.S.A.) email@example.com
- Carolyn Dow (Polley Music Librarian, Lincoln City Libraries, Nebraska, U.S.A.) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karen McAulay (Performing Arts Librarian/ Postdoctoral Researcher, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, U.K.) K.McAulay@rcs.ac.uk
- Renata Suchowiejko (Professor, Institute of Musicology, Jagiellonian University, Kraków, Poland) email@example.com