Publications Awards Subcommittee
The Publications Awards Subcommittee was created in 2017. It is overseen by the Publications Committee.
Terms of reference
The Publications Awards Subcommittee, a subcommittee of the Publications Committee, solicits nominations for the best article and best review published in Fontes Artis Musicae in the previous year. The awards, given annually, are approved by the Board upon the recommendation of the Subcommittee. Each award citation includes a description of the strengths of the publication and is sent, in the form of a letter from the President, to each recipient. Awards are announced at the General Assembly and reported in the journal. In addition, notice of the awards may be sent out to other organizations (e.g., AMS, IMS, ICTM, IFLA, IMC, etc.).
1st Goal : The Committee will establish guidelines for selecting award recipients, including the criteria by which articles/reviews will be assessed.
2nd Goal : The Committee will give out awards at next year’s General Assembly in Germany 2018.
Congratulations to our newly appointed IAML Publications Awards Committee!
Here’s our volunteers for this new Committee:
• Julie Bill (Director of Library Services, Musicians Institute, Hollywood, California, U.S.A.) firstname.lastname@example.org
• Anita Breckbill (Head, Music Library, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Nebraska, U.S.A.) email@example.com
• Carolyn Dow (Polley Music Librarian, Lincoln City Libraries, Nebraska, U.S.A.) firstname.lastname@example.org
• Karen McAulay (Performing Arts Librarian/ Postdoctoral Researcher, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, U.K.) K.McAulay@rcs.ac.uk
• Renata Suchowiejko (Professor, Institute of Musicology, Jagiellonian University, Kraków, Poland) email@example.com