Sub-commission on ISBD and Music
The IAML Sub-commission on ISBD and Music was established by the Council in 2010 (Moscow) with the aim to make proposals on the International Standard Bibliographic Description to the IFLA ISBD Review Group, through the IAML liaison. This sub-commission was disbanded in 2016 and this work is now part of the Cataloguing and Metadata Section.
As its first activity, in 2010-2011, the Sub-commission has sent observations for the proposed extension of ISBD to unpublished resources. During the 2011 IAML Congress in Dublin, the Sub-commission has decided to adopt the following structure, in order to improve its ability to work across the year:
- Three officers (chair, vice-chair, secretary)
- A limited number of responsible members
- Other active members
The Sub-commission has opened a workspace to collect materials and as a tool for discussion among its members. The space is accessible only to subscribed members at http://isbdandmusic.pbworks.com.
- Chair and IAML liaison to the IFLA ISBD Review Group: Massimo Gentili-Tedeschi, Italy (2010-2016)
- Vice-chair: Daniel Paradis, Canada (2011-2016)
- Secretary: Mary Wedgewood, USA (2011-2016)