Have you registered for the IAML congress in Riga yet? It is less than a month away, from June 18-22, 2017.
Here are five things to read that will get you in the mood for exploring Latvia and the capital. If you are still unsure whether you should go, consider these to be five things to tempt you into going...besides the exciting program, the diverse mix of Wednesday afternoon tours, and the opportunity to interact with colleagues from around the world. Registration is still open online here.
- Who is Eltons Džons? A famous English singer! You, too, might have to change your name when speaking Latvian.
- Did you know Riga is home to a fine collection of art nouveau buildings?
- Riga: Beautiful, walkable, affordable, cultural, historical – what’s not to love?
- Our congress next month will be held at a prize-winning library! The National Library of Latvia recently won an award from the American Institute of Architects and the American Library Association.
Take a virtual tour here.
- And finally, cultural treasures of Riga: