Nederlandse Vereniging van Muziekbibliotheken, Muziekarchieven en Muziekdocumentatiecentra (NVMB)
To connect with a board member of NVMB, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Netherlands branch of IAML (NVMB) is established in 1996. Founding members of the NVMB were Bèr Deuss, Dick van den Hul, Joop Meuleman and Martie Severt. Before 1996 music librarians in the Netherlands were united via the NBLC Sectie Muziekbibliotheekwerk.
The NVMB is open to anyone who works with music collections. Our aim is to promote contact and cooperation between music librarians. We strive to share our knowledge and to foster our joint expertise.
NVMB Network meetings are organized two times a year, with presentations, meet & greets, and guided tours.
We meet each time in a different city, in a different library. Additional online meetings are optional.
Our Newsletter is published three times a year on our website.
The NVMB has institutional and individual members.
Martie Severt was appointed honorary member of the NVMB in 2022.
Dick van den Hul – Gemeentemuseum Den Haag (1996-2001)
Gert Floor – Bibliotheek Heiloo (2002-2011)
Jantien Dubbeldam – ArtEZ Conservatorium, Arnhem/Zwolle (2011-2018)
Paula Quint – Nederlands Muziek Instituut (2018-2021)
Contributions to IAML
IAML has had several board members from the Netherlands:
- Secretary General: Frits Noske (1955-1959)
- Treasurer: André Jurres (1955-1959)
- President: André Jurres (1965-1968)
- Treasurer: Martie Severt (1998-2007)
- President: Martie Severt (2007-2010)
IAML has had several officers from the Netherlands:
- Frits Noske – Research Libraries Branch (1962-?)
- André Jurres – Music Information Centres Commission (1962-?)
- André Jurres – Editor of Fontes Artis Musicae (1975-1986)
- Lucas van Dijck – Broadcasting Libraries Branch (1984-1987?)
- Liesbeth Hoedemaeker – Research Libraries Section (1999-2002)
- Martie Severt – Broadcasting and Orchestra Libraries Section (2005-2008)
- Hanneke Kuiper – Public Libraries Section (2005-2017)
- Martie Severt – Outreach Committee (2010-2014)
- Hanneke Kuiper – Audio-Visual Materials Section (2011-2017)
- Nienke de Boer – Broadcasting and Orchestra Libraries Section (2011-2017)
André Jurres was appointed honorary member of IAML in 1989.
The Netherlands hosted IAML meetings/conferences in:
- 1952 Utrecht – Meeting of the Comité Exécutif
- 1960 Amsterdam – Conference
- 1969 Amsterdam – Conference
- 1987 Amsterdam - Conference
- 2009 Amsterdam - Conference
|President (interim):||Nienke de Boer (Het Balletorkest Amsterdam)|
|Secretary:||Noor Breuning (Universiteit van Amsterdam)|
|Treasurer:||Martie Severt (Koninklijk Conservatorium)|
|Other Board Members:||Mirjam-Iris Crox (Conservatorium Utrecht & Radio 4)
Anne Marie Roetgerink (Musidesk, Deventer)
Ria Warmerdam (Koninklijk Conservatorium, Den Haag)
Ditmer Weertman (Universiteit van Amsterdam)
NVMB Board Members – May 2023 – photo: Charlotte Sienema