Dear IAML members,
Our long-time Advertising Manager, Sarah Canino, has asked us to search for a replacement. If you are interested in this position or have questions about the duties, please contact me.
- Serve as contact for all inquiries regarding advertising in the organization's journal FONTES ARTIS MUSICAE.
- Provide information to potential advertisers. Seek out new advertisers at appropriate professional meetings such as the Music Library Association, American Musicological Society, IAML, and other annual meetings.
- Keep track of ad programs established with each advertiser.
- Prompt regarding ad deadlines.
- Act as go-between concerning questions and problems between advertiser and publisher.
- Liaise with Treasurer concerning billing and related issues.
- Update rate cards.
- Good oral and written communication, administrative, and computer skills essential.
- Familiarity with a variety of computer software programs and e-mail essential.
- Must have regular access to networked computer.
- Ability to understand English is essential, knowledge of French and German desirable.
- Must have vision for the direction and goals of the organization and the ad program with it. Useful to have a good sense of the symbiotic relationship between music librarians and music vendors.